Week Eight -Your Joy Carol asked us to think about:
What gives you Joy? Is a color, a person, a place, a memory? Is it a thing?
- Make a journal page that looks like a quilt, with many pieces. Divide your page into at least nine equal pieces and create a patchwork quilt cover with each patch being something that gives you personal joy
So I made my patches for the Art Quilt in coloured papers and then added the images, for some reason I’m enjoying “Collage” at the moment. I made it look like it was a work in progress which of course it is because my life is always changing, so I’m always adding more squares to my Quilt.
My Quilt features:
- penpalling with a letter and stamp
- Free- my mind and I love cats so it and the fact that it’s purple all worked nicely, I like purple.
- Skinny jeans and High heels how appropriate I just brought my first pair of skinny jeans in about 10 years! so i was excited to add those.
- Oprah Winfrey, she inspires me.
- Butterfly and flowers I love both of those things
- Flower in wedding bouquet I did a florist’s course and I love flowers!
- Piggy, I love animals of all kinds so I added him, he’s cute!!
There’s room for more squares because my life is still growing.
For this project I used:
- coloured papers
- sharpie pens
- letter stencil
For more information on this course visit Carol’s site: http://alittlegoddessinall.ning.com/forum/topics/evoking-the-seed-dropin