Here is this week’s Memorization Verse:
Monday- Scripture Exodus 6:28-30
“Now when the Lord spoke to Moses in Egypt, he said to him “I am the Lord. Tell Pharaoh King of Egypt everything I tell you” But Moses said to the Lord “Since I speak with faltering Lips, why would Pharaoh listen to me?”
- When the Lord gives you instruction, no matter how hard it might seem Do it!
- Do NOT question the will of the Lord, “if he brings you to it, he’ll bring you through it”
Tuesday- Scripture Exodus 7:20-21
“Moses and Aaron did just as the Lord had commanded. He raised his staff in the presence of Pharaoh and his officials and struck the water of the Nile, and all the water was changed to blood. The fish of the Nile died, and the rivers smelt so bad that the Egyptians could not drink it’s water. Blood was everywhere in Egypt.
- No matter how unbelievable a thing might seem (Rivers into blood?) with the Lord NOTHING is impossible.
- Following the Lords instruction will reap rewards.
Wednesday-Scripture- Exodus 8:28-32
“Pharaoh said “I will let you go to offer sacrifice to the Lord your God in the wilderness, but you must not go very far. Now pray for me” Moses answered “As soon as I leave you I will pray to the Lord and tomorrow the flies will leave Pharaoh and his officials and his people. Only let Pharaoh be sure that he does not act deceitfully again by not letting the people go to offer sacrifices to the Lord.” then Moses left Pharaoh and prayed to the Lord, and the Lord did as Moses asked. The flies left Pharaoh and his officials and his people, not a fly remained. But this time also Pharaoh hardened his heart and would not let his people go.”
- If we don’t learn from God’s first lesson and continue to sin, God will continue to teach us until we get it right.
- Lying is a sin, God sees what is in our hearts.
Thursday- Scripture- Exodus 9:33-35
“When Moses left Pharaoh and went out to the City, he spread out his hands towards the Lord; Thunder and hail stopped, and the rain no longer poured down on the land. When Pharaoh saw the rain, hail and thunder stopped, he sinned again: He and his officials hardened their hearts. So Pharaoh’s heart was hard and he would not let the Israelites go, Just as the Lord has said through Moses.
- he Lord is patient his will is not our will and he will keep on with his message until it is received.
- If e keep on making mistakes (as Pharaoh did) the Lord will keep repeating the lesson until we change our ways, “His will not ours”
Friday- Scripture- Exodus 10:9-12
“Moses answered “We will go with our young, and our old, with our sons and our daughters, and with our flocks and herds, because we are to celebrate a festival to the Lord.” Pharaoh said “The Lord be with you if I let you go, along with your women and Children. Clearly you are bent on evil. No! Have only the men go and worship the Lord, since that is what you’ve been asking for” Then Moses and Aaron were driven out of the Pharaoh’s presence. And the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over Egypt so that the locusts swarm over the land and devour everything growing in the fields, everything left by the hail.”
- When God requests something of us, we need to go ALL he requests and not pick and choose.
- By NOT doing as the Lord requests more lessons will keep coming until we do “exactly” as he requests from us “Yours is not to reason why, yours is but to do or die”
Are you reading along with us? what was your favorite bit of this weeks lessons?