Today was my Star Son’s 13th Birthday you can read about that here: https://kimlhine.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/happy-birthday-star-son/
He requested a “Chocolate Cheesecake” and so I googled and found this one..
But as I do… I changed it… I LOVE Peppermint, but he also requested that he have strawberries on the top, well, you know strawberries don’t got with peppermint, so I changed it up and made it s “Strawberry Chocolate cheesecake”
what you need
1¼ cups chocolate biscuit crumbs
80g butter, melted
250g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
110g CADBURY DAIRY MILK Peppermint, chopped 110 grms Chopped Strawberry Chocolate (Cadbury’s used to make one and they don’t know or they didn’t sell it at Coles so I used Lindt, Sorry Cadbury)
1 cup thickened cream
1½ tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon gelatine dissolved in 1½ tablespoons boiling water
220g CADBURY DAIRY MILK Peppermint, 220 g Lindt Strawberry Chocolate extra, chopped, for decoration
- COMBINE the biscuit crumbs and butter, and then press into the
base of 6 serving glasses or jars. (I used a round spring form tin, greased with butter and lined with baking/parchment paper) Chill.
- MELT the PHILLY and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- WHIP together the cream and sugar until stiff. Stir the gelatine mixture into the PHILLY mixture, and then fold through the cream.
- SPOON half the mixture into prepared glasses. Then top with some of the extra chopped chocolate. Spoon over remaining Philly mixture and chill for 2 hours or until set. Decorate with the remaining chocolate just prior to serving.
- I drizzled some melted dark chocolate over the strawberries to make them a little bit fancy, and dipped some into the chocolate (he loves Chocolate! he is so his Mother’s Son!!)
- Warning… it’s VERY Rich and in Hinesight (yes I misspelled it to match my name!) I would serve it with cream to break up the richness of it.. but it was so GOOD!! just a hint of strawberry but not chunks or fruit it was infused in the chocolate.
Thanks for suggesting this challenge Reannon at “http://shewhorambles.com/2014/12/09/the-year-of-new-recipes/” I am doing it monthly….