Monday – Scripture- Exodus 16:28-30
“Then the Lord said to Moses “how long will you refuse my commands and my instructions?Bear in mind that the Lord has given you the Sabbath: this is why o the 6th day he gives you bread for two days. Everyone is to stay where thy are on the 7th day: no one is to go out? So the people rested o the seventh day.”
- The Lord says we should work hard and gather supplies for six days and on the seventh day we rest.
- Just as God created the world in six days and on the seventh he rested
Tuesday- Scripture-Exodus 17:14-16
“ Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered and make sure that Joshua hears it, because I will completely blot out the name of Amalek from under heaven.” Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is my Banner. He said, “Because hands were lifted up against the throne of the Lord, the Lord will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation.”
- Keep a record of your doings, do not attempt to argue with the Lord
- The Lord is the LORD, no other discussion is needed
Wednesday- Scripture-Exodus 18:24-27
“Moses listened to his father-in-law and did everything he said. He chose capable men from all Israel and made them leaders of the people, officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens. They served as judges for the people at all times. The difficult cases they brought to Moses, but the simple ones they decided themselves.Then Moses sent his father-in-law on his way, and Jethro returned to his own country”.
- Instead of wearing oneself out doing all the chores.. delegate! Let others help with the load,
- I can be the overseer of chores!
Thursday- Scripture- Exodus 19:23-25
“Moses said to the Lord, “The people cannot come up Mount Sinai, because you yourself warned us, ‘Put limits around the mountain and set it apart as holy.’”The Lord replied, “Go down and bring Aaron up with you. But the priests and the people must not force their way through to come up to the Lord, or he will break out against them.”So Moses went down to the people and told them.”
- be faithful to the Lord and he will look after you.
- The Lord will use you to speak to others.
Friday-Scripture- Exodus 20:24-26
“‘Make an altar of earth for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, your sheep and goats and your cattle. Wherever I cause my name to be honored, I will come to you and bless you. If you make an altar of stones for me, do not build it with dressed stones, for you will defile it if you use a tool on it. And do not go up to my altar on steps, or your private parts may be exposed.”
- Make an altar to the Lord, as naturally as possible… no decoration.
- Sacrifice burnt offerings in God’s name, by blessing the Lord he will come and bless you.
So that is my take on this week in the Bible. I am loving this new bible study method, I am Really enjoying it.