Hey this is like three weeks in a row that I’ve done my Spiritual Sunday actually on Sunday, yay me!
This week we were doing Exodus 21 through 25.
Monday- Scripture- Exodus 21:12-16
“Anyone who strikes a person with a fatal blow is to be put to death. However, if it is not done intentionally, but God lets it happen, they are to flee to a place I will designate. But if anyone schemes and kills someone deliberately, that person is to be taken from my altar and put to death.
“Anyone who attacks[a] their father or mother is to be put to death.
“Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession.
- These laws are to do with killing other people, it’s a pity they are not still in place today.
- Anyone who attacks Mother or Father shall be put to death (Emotional death in my case)
Tuesday- Scripture 22:28
“Do not blaspheme God[a] or curse the ruler of your people.
- Blaspheme- The action of speaking against Lord our God, profanity, sacrilege, disrespect, Do not do that!
- Do not curse the ruler of your people (a solemn utterance intended to invoke supernatural powers, do NOT do that!
Wednesday- Scripture- Exodus 23:20-22
God’s Angel to Prepare the Way
“See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him. If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you.
- God looks after you always, even sending Angels ahead of you when he feels you need it.
- When you are a believer God supports you in good and bad times.
Thursday- Scripture- Exodus 24:15-18
When Moses went up on the mountain, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the Lord settled on Mount Sinai. For six days the cloud covered the mountain, and on the seventh day the Lord called to Moses from within the cloud. To the Israelites the glory of the Lord looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain. Then Moses entered the cloud as he went on up the mountain. And he stayed on the mountain forty days and forty nights.
- Do not fear the Lords commands he has good plans for those who believe
- When the Lord makes commands follow them.
Friday- Scripture- Exodus 25: 1-7
Offerings for the Tabernacle
The Lord said to Moses, “Tell the Israelites to bring me an offering. You are to receive the offering for me from everyone whose heart prompts them to give. These are the offerings you are to receive from them: gold, silver and bronze; blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen; goat hair; ram skins dyed red and another type of durable leather acacia wood; olive oil for the light; spices for the anointing oil and for the fragrant incense; and onyx stones and other gems to be mounted on the ephod and breastpiece
- Do things as directed and to a plan
- God gives us directions to follow them, he wants things exact.
- Tabernacle -residence or dwelling place. A portable altar for the Lord.
So now we are about half way through the book of Exodus, and God is telling Moses the Commandments he was us to live by.
Find out more at Courtney’s site: http://womenlivingwell.org/