I was having this discussion with my Bloke and then with a Facebook friend when I posted “I’ve got 80 Blog followers” and how excited I was about that, then I thought, probably I am the ONLY one to be so excited because unless you are a blogger you might not understand the thrill of logging on each morning and seeing how many notifications you have, or that this person commented or that person liked a comment or a new person has popped over to see your blog and so you definitely wouldn’t understand a milestone like “80” ( OK so I like rounded numbers with “0” on the end!) and then my very wise Facebook friend said well let me see if I can cut and paste…
See what Kimberley said there… “if you love it, it’s not silly” (Us “Kim’s” are very wise!) and that my friends is the bottom line, I LOVE my blog!! I look at my blog like another child.. like I haven’t got enough.. but not only that it seems my family do too.. because quite often one or the other will say “Did you take photos for your blog” or “Are you going to blog about that?” some even helped me with the A-Z challenge as guest bloggers for the letter “M” is for Memories..https://kimlhine.wordpress.com/2015/04/15/m-is-for-ooops-its-a-long-one/ Then others don’t give a toss for my words but that’s all good too… the point is I started this as a photo place to share my art with my penpals who didn’t have Facebook, and then it morphed into what it is today and I love my blog!
So this morning when I logged on as usual and saw a notification from Gail @ http://snapshotsincursive.com nominating me for a Bloggers award then I could have kissed her!
Some Bloggers don’t like these awards, and OK they aren’t the be all and end all of Blogging, and you don’t “win anything” except the badge to go on your side bar! Some bloggers think they are just a way to get more people to your site.. whatever your opinion, love them or hate them I LOVE THEM!!
and this is what Gail has to say….
“The Versatile Blogger Award” is for the blogs that bring special talents to Life. In choosing nominees, the quality of the writing is considered, the uniqueness of the topics presented, and the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. An added quality of authenticity to the photographs is evident through the field of vision.
The guidelines are as follows. Answer the questions you have been given, nominate 10 different bloggers, and feel free to revise a new set of questions for them to answer. Ready. Set. GO!
1) What is something people might be surprised to learn about you? I have had my driver’s license for 25 years but I don’t drive, I’m scared of the roundabouts… (over sharing!)
2) What is a memory you have from third grade? The MS (Multiple Sclerosis) reading challenge, I’ve always loved to read and each day we got an amount of time to sit in the class room and just read our books……. bliss!
3) Do you play any musical instruments, if so, what? absolutely NOT!! My husband brought me a Native american Flute for my birthday a few years back, hand carved with a Buffalo on it and occasionally I’ll “Play” that but I just make a beautiful noise!
4) Have you had your 15 minutes of fame? Yes. I’ve had a few pieces of writing published in magazines I even won $50 for one, I was trying to win the $2,000 to fun my American trip, I’ve also been on the radio for two different radio programs.
5) Have you ever met someone famous? Yes, Famous AFL players, most memorable was “Stephen Kernahan” famous player for Carlton, and another Carlton player Justin Madden, who is almost 7 foot tall and I looked like a small child next to him, Famous singer from the 60’s Aussie Col Joye, and I had to sit on his knee and then famous singer also Aussie but now living in the states Merv Benton, And Marcie from 60’s group Marcie and the cookies.
6) I feel the most beautiful when I ___________. I am with my husband!
7) What’s something you hope will never come back in style? hmmm, I’m never in “fashion” anyways so it doesn’t bother me, I think it all gets recycled again anyways.
8) What song reminds you of your high school years? Joan Jett’s I love Rock ”n’ Roll…
9) Did you graduate from college, if so, what was your degree? No college, I didn’t even finish High School I couldn’t wait to leave at 16 yrs old. Sometimes I wonder how different my life might have been if I had stayed at school.
10) If you could eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be? Oh.. I have to say Pizza, but I don’t like to think what it would do to my body LOL
Ok, So now I have to nominate 10 bloggers for this award… Please go and visit their blogs, and say hello!
- Trisha @https://trishafaye.wordpress.com/
- Joanne @https://mylifelivedfull.wordpress.com/
- Doctor.. @https://doctorly.wordpress.com/ (no name listed)
- Super shy girl @https://notapunkrocker.wordpress.com/ (no name listed)
- Corina @https://corinajoyc.wordpress.com/
- Belle @http://bellejar.ca/ (no name listed)
- Teacher @https://ateachertells.wordpress.com/ (no name listed)
- Rod and Simone @https://fowlerseco.wordpress.com/ ( great eco- tourism photos of Australia)
- Momma @https://amommasview.wordpress.com/ (no name listed)
- Cheryl @http://pluckingofmyheartstrings.com/
If I missed you I’ll get you next time! I promise!!