Monday- Psalm 18:1-3
Scripture– “I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my god is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my strong hold. I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies”
- David is singing this Psalm in praise to the Lord for saving Saul.
- he is praising the Lord for being his shield.
- God is a shield to protect those who walk with him.
Tuesday- Psalm 19:1-5
Scripture- “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands, day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends pf the world. In the Heavens, God pitched a tent for the sun.” (I love this verse!)
- God is singing of God’s glory in Nature
- “Day after Day they pour forth speech” the days turn from night to day everyday God did that.
- everything on display in nature in the natural world God made that!
Wednesday- Psalm 20:6 & 7
Scripture- “Now this I know, the Lord gives victory to his anointed. He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary, with the victorious power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, nut we trust in the name of the Lord our God”
- The Lord gives victory to the anointed. Meaning he helps those who believe in him.
- David is speaking about God.
Thursday- Psalm 21:1-5
Scripture- “The King rejoices in your strength Lord. How great is his joy on victories you give! You have granted him his hearts desire and have not withheld the request on jos lips. You came to greet him with rich blessings and placed a crown of pure go,d on his head. He asked you for life, and you gave it to him length of days, for ever and ever. Through the victories you gave, his glory is great; you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty”
- With the Lords blessings for loyal fellowship, we can rejoice in the Lords strength
- with the Lords blessings we can be victorious in our dealings, following the Lords ways we will have splendor and majesty, all things are possible with the Lord.
Friday- Psalm 22:6-10
JeaScripture- “But I am a worm and not a man, scorned ny everyone, despised by the people, all who mock me, they hurl insults, shaking their heads “He trusts the Lord” they say. “Let the Lord rescue him, Let him deliver him, since he delights in him” yet you brought me out of the womb, you made me trust in you, even at my Mother’s breast, from birth I was cast on you; from my Mother’s womb you have been my God”
- David is singing praises to the Lord, even though he is despised and mocked, he believes in the Lord.
- hold firm to your faith even when those around you mock and scorn. The Lord will reward you.
Week Four- “Peace”
Monday- Scripture- Isaiah 9:6
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.”
- Jesus is born! The government will be on his shoulders (meaning: he will deal with decisions made by the government)
- he will be called all those good names because he is “Prince of peace” Son of God who wants only good and calm. For his children.
Tuesday- Scripture- Zephaniah 3:14-15
“Sing, daughter of Zion, shout aloud, Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, daughter Jerusalem! The Lord has taken away your punishment, he has turned his back on your enemy. The Lord, the King of Israel, is with you, never again will you fear any harm”
- The Lord is telling the people that he will destroy Israel and when he restores the remains the rest ( followers) this is what will happen.
- He will be with the loyal followers and the need never fear him
Wednesday- Scripture Philippians 4:4-7
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let you gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts nd your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- The book of Philippians was written by Paul and Timothy.
- they are reminding us all to rejoice (be glad and happy) that the Lord is near.
- the peace of God will come into our hearts and minds when we give our worries to Jesus and God.
Thursday- Scripture- Matthew 1:20 & 21
“But after he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from sin”
- Angels visited Joseph to reassure him that the Un-wed Mary was carrying the Messiah, child of the Lord.
- Angels prophesied that Jesus would be the one to save the people from their sins.
Friday – Scripture- John 14:27
“Peace I leave with you; my people I give you, I do not give to you as the world gives to you. Do not let your hearts ve troubled and do not be afraid”
- Jesus promises us that by following his example of living peacefully, God will give us his love.
- do not be troubled or afraid, live as Jesus did and receive the Fathers Love and protection.
So that my friends concludes this years Bible Studies, I went through all my notes to see what else have I done in the last 74 days since I began my “Walk with the Lord” and I was surprised at how much I have managed to fit in and learn.
Studies and Bibles books I’ve completed so far!
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, read the book and completed the studies.
- Wives of the Bible -Jolene Engel book and study.
- girlfriends in God, email studies.
- 30 Days Husband Encouragement-Darby Duggar. Through emails.
- study of Psalm 139, for the entire month we had to read it and then re write it in our own words.
- How to hear from God – Joyce Meyer, Book and study session.
From the Bible studies group, we’ve done..
- Book of Genesis
- Psalms 1-22
- Book of John
- Books of 2 John and 3 John
- Book of Jude
- Books of 1 Peter, and 2 Peter
- Book of Esther.
Over all, I am really happy with how much I have read, studies and learnt. I am so excited to start the next session on January 5th when we are studying “Book of Exodus” I hope you’ll come back and join me.
for more information check our Courtney’s site : http://womenlivingwell.org/2014/12/lets-go-deeper-with-god-in-the-new-year/