I’m bacckkk!! I had this planned so well I was going to have this all up to date last week.. well we all know how that went with the Gastro bug that got my whole family and all.. so once again I am behind.. *sigh* Do not despair.. I will catch up to date this week and then this week is the last “Official” week for Blogging and Advent studies. both complete for the year on 19th December. Of course not me.. I will continue to study, I am planning to catch up on some reading and do Sharon Jayne’s “Power of a Womans words” Study, you can learn about it here: http://sharonjaynes.com/the-power-of-a-womans-words/
I have had the book sitting here for a few months but I have been so engrossed in my other studies I didn’t get to start it yet. I am also going to start a “Book” page where I will feature books I am reading or have read and do a little book review and let you all know who I thought. In the next few days I’ll do a recap on all the Bible studies I have done this year and I am so proud of myself for taking them on and not only that actually learning things from them. If you’ve read any of my previous “bible study” posts, you’ll know I have only been doing this “Walk with the Lord” since July 1st and so I have immersed myself in lots of things to soak up as much as I can.
Monday– Psalm 13:3 & 4
Scripture- “Look on me and answer, Lord my God, give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, and my enemy will say “I have overcome him and my foes will rejoice when I fall”
- David is asking the Lord for enlightenment and he is suggesting his enemies will celebrate when he fails.
- If I do not seek the Lord’s enlightenment then when I am eternally dead my enemies will rejoice
- So like David I am asking the Lord for enlightenment, open my eyes to your word so that I night have eternal life with you.
Tuesday- Psalm 14:5 & 6
Scripture- “But there are they, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous. You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor, but the Lord is their refuge.”
- When you are overwhelmed or stressed, go to God, give him all your worries.
- Be rich on Gods word and the rest will sort itself out ( I am hearing this message multiple times over the past week)
- If you do what is righteous God looks down over you with favor.
Wednesday– Psalm 15:2 & 5.
Scripture- “The one who walks is blameless, who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from their heart. Who lends money to the poor without interest, who does not accept a bribe against the innocent. Who does these things will never be shaken”
- David was inquiring of the Lord “Who may visit your tent or climb your mountain?”
- “The one whose walk is blameless: ( who follows all of the Lord rules)
- The one who does not accept bribes who does these things will never be shaken ( from Gods word)
Thursday– Psalm 16:4-6
Scripture- “Those who run after other Gods will suffer, more and more, I will not pour out libations to such gods or take up their names on my lips.Lord you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen from me in pleasant places, surely I have a delightful inheritance.”
- Those who serve and follow false gods will suffer for the privilege,
- There is but ONE God, wasting time following other gods will not keep peace in your heart or keep your lives secure.
- One God is all I need to keep me sustained.
Friday- Psalm 17:5-8
Scripture- “ My steps have held to your path; my feet have not stumbled. I call on your, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer. Show me the wonders of your great love, you who saves by your right hand, those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye hide me in the shadow of your wings.”
- This is a prayer from David to God. David is laying out all his good points to the Lord.
- When we walk with the Lord and believe in our hearts, we are righteous enough to be able to call on the Lord to hear our prayers.
- God serves those who believe and shows us his wondrous love.
Week One- Hope
Monday- Scripture- John 1:1-4 “In the Beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word WAS God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made;without him nothing was made that had been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.”
- God created the whole world an everything in it.
- Without God nothing would be made, God was the light that created all of mankind.
Tuesday- Scripture- John 1:9-12 “The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was the world. He was in the world, and through the world. And though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet all who did receive him, to those who believed his name he gave the right to become children of God.”
- The “True light” was God coming into the world as baby Jesus.
- As a Baby the world did not recognize God.
- God sent Jesus to look like us so that we could hear Gods word.
- When we believe that Jesus died for our sins, We are being admitted to heaven.
Wednesday- Scripture– Jeremiah 33:14-15 ” The days are coming”declares the Lord, “When I will fulfill the good promise I made to the people of Israel and Judah. In those days and at that time, I will make a righteous branch sprout from Davids line, he will do what is just and right in the land”
- The Lord foretold the arrival of Jesus by saying a righteous branch will sprout from David’s line”
- The Lord rewards those who are loyal and walk with him, “I will fulfill the good promise I made to the people of Israel (Jacob) and Judah“
Thursday- Scripture- Isaiah 60:19-20 “The sun will no more be your light by day, not will the brightness of the moon shine on you; for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end.”
- By being in God’s word the “sun” and “moon” will cease to shine your light will come from the Lord.
- You will not have birth and death, instead everlasting life and be free from sorrow when you “Walk with the Lord”
Friday- Scripture- Romans 15;12-13 “And once again, Isaiah says ” The root of Hesse will spring up, and who will arise over the nations; in him the Gentiles will hope. May the God of hope, fill you with all the joy and peace as your trust in him, so that your may over flow with hope by the power of the holy spirit.”
- Trust is Jesus and your hope will overflow by God-his father.
- Jesus and our faith in him, brings us hope, joy and peace because we know that by trusting in Jesus we are also gaining God’s love and protection.
Week two- “LOVE”
Monday- Scripture- 1 John 4:7-8 “Dear Friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God, Whoever does not love does not know God because God is love.”
- Anyone who knows LOVE is from God
- To know Gods word you must know LOVE to know LOVE you must be in Gods word
- I am loved I am in God.
Tuesday- Scripture- “One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him ” OF all the commandments, which one is most important?” “The Most important one” answered Jesus, “Is this “Hear O Israel the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength”
- The most important commandment is “Love the Lord first and foremost”
- put all your effort into living the Lords word and use your strength to do good and your heart to love him.
Wednesday- Scripture- Psalm 119: 105-106 “Your word is a lamp at my feet, a light on my path. I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws.”
- Your word is a lamp (Brings light to us)
- A light on my path ( to lead us to righteousness)
- Following the Lords word brings brightness (awareness) to our world of darkness.
Thursday- Scripture- Zephaniah 3:17 “The Lord your God is with you, the mighty warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you, in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”
- God is with me, the mighty warrior is by my side.
- He delights in ME and will celebrate over me with singing.
Friday- Scripture- John 12:35 & 36 “The Jesus said “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you still have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of the light” When he finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them”
- Jesus foretold of his own death “you are going to have light just a little while longer” then God takes him home and darkness descends.
- Believe in Jesus while you have the light so that you might become “Children of the light” (GOD)
Week three- “JOY”
Monday- Scripture- 1 John 1:4-7 “W write it to make our joy complete this is the message we have heard from him and declare to you “God is light in him there is not darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet we walk in darkness, we lie, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his son purifies us all from sin”
- God is light (truth) in his there is not darkness (Evil) to have fellowship with God one needs to walk in the light (truth of Gods words)
- When we walk in the light ( Truth) we will have fellowship because Jesus blood cleansed our sins.
Tuesday- Scripture- Nehemiah 8:10 “Nehemiah said “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord, do not grieve for the joy of the Lord is your strength”
- Share with others less fortunate
- On this holy day (Christmas day?) do not grieve the Lord is your strength.
Wednesday- Scripture- Psalm 16:11 ” You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures of your right hand”
- God will make known to us what his plan for our lives is.
- He fills us with joy by following his wise words and by giving us eternal life by his side.
Thursday- Scripture- Luke 2:10-14 “But the angel said to him “Do not be afraid I bring you food news which will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a savior has been born to you; You will find a baby wrapped in cloths laying in a manger” Suddenly a great company of heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests”
- Jesus is born in David in Bethlehem
- Jesus is the savior and messenger of God !
- God sent himself to earth as human Jesus so that people would be able to hear and understand his words.
Friday- Scripture- Hebrews 12:1 & 2. ” Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses and the sins that so easily entangle. Let us run with perseverance the race marked for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfector of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame and set down at the right hand of God”
- Study Jesus’ life and use him as our guidebook, the right way to live, follow his examples up to being crucified and being re-united with his father.
- Jesus endured much shame, slander, pain all in the effort to be true to Gods word, follow THAT example!
Are you still with me? have you fallen asleep?
I apologize for the length and I promise it won’t happen again, One more week of Blogging with “Good Morning Girls” and One more week of “Advent study” and then maybe a little break.. I’ll let you know..